1862 Griffen Cannon
This 6 pound Griffen wrought iron cannon is one of 12 presented to the Commonwealth in 1862 by the Philadelphia Committee
of Safety at the time of the threatened Confederate invasion, which was thwarted at Antietam. Manufactured by the Phoenix Ironworks of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, in 1861, the guns stayed in Philadelphia until the "new" State Arsenal was built in 1872. The guns were then moved to Harrisburg.