Brigadier General Stanley J. Jaworski is the chief of plans and Force Development for the Headquarters of the Pennsylvania National Guard, located at Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania. The Joint Force Headquarters staff directs and coordinates the activities of all Pennsylvania Air National Guard and Pennsylvania Army National Guard Units, a force of over 18,000 soldiers and airmen based at over 100 installations. The General serves as a senior advisor to the Adjutant General of Pennsylvania, formulates policies and force management plans when National Guard forces are activated for federal service or in response to state emergencies.
General Jaworski was commissioned in 1973 through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, upon graduation from Rutgers University. Following Missile Combat Crew Training at Vandenberg Air Force Base, he served as a combat crew instructor and crew commander, receiving a regular USAF Commission in 1977. He then served as an AFROTC instructor at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, until joining the Pennsylvania Air National Guard in 1980. His service with the Pennsylvania Air National Guard included assignments in combat communications, personnel and administration, a Brookings Institute Legis Fellowship in the U.S. House of Representatives, and command of the 193d Regional Support Group. Concurrently, General Jaworski performed a number of special projects in concert with the National Guard Bureau, in the areas of Homeland Defense, Airspace and Range Management, and Long Range Planning. He currently serves as a Senior member of the Chief, National Guard Bureau’s Domestic Operations Advisory Board. The Board provides national strategy recommendations for the Guard’s participation in the war on illicit drug traffic, and its support of Homeland Defense. General Jaworski concurrently serves as the full time Executive Director of the Northeast Counterdrug Training Center at Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania.
1973 Bachelor of Arts, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
1975 Master of Science, Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, MO
1986 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1989 Air War College, by correspondence
1. September 1973 - December 1973, student, Missile Combat Crew Training, 4315th Combat Crew Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. December 1973 - March 1975, Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander, 508th Strategic Missile Squadron, Whiteman AFB, MO.
3. March 1975 - September 1975, Squadron Missile Combat Crew Instructor, 508th Strategic Missile Squadron, Whiteman AFB, MO.
4. September 1975 - February 1977, Wing Missile Combat Crew Instructor, 351st Strategic Missile Wing, Whiteman AFB, MO.
5. February 1977 - June 1977, Missile Combat Crew Commander, 510th Strategic Missile Squadron, Whiteman AFB, MO.
6. June 1977 - June 1978, Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies, Recruiting Officer, AFROTC Detachment 715, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA.
7. June 1978 - July 1978, student, USAF Academic Instructor and Foreign Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL.
8. July 1978 - September 1980, Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies, Commandant of Cadets, AFROTC Detachment 715, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA.
9. September 1980 - April 1982, administrative officer, 271st Combat Communications Squadron, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA.
10. April 1982 - January 1983, director, Personnel Programs, Headquarters Pennsylvania Air National Guard, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA.
11. January 1983 - October 1998, executive support staff officer, Headquarters, Pennsylvania Air National Guard, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA.
12. October 1998 - March 1999, chief of staff, Headquarters Pennsylvania Air National Guard, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA.
13. March 1999 - April 2002, commander, 193d Regional Support Group, 193d Special Operations Wing, Middletown, PA.
14. April 2002 - September 2003, director, C4 (Command, Control, Computers and Communications) Headquarters, Pennsylvania Air National Guard, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA.
15. September 2003 - May 2004, chief of staff, Headquarters, Pennsylvania Air National Guard, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA.
16. May 2004 - January 2005, director joint staff, Joint Force Headquarters, Pennsylvania, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA.
17. May 2004 - Present, chief, Plans and Force Development (J5/7) Joint Force Headquarters, Pennsylvania National Guard, Fort Indiantown Gap, PA.
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with 3 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with 2 oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service Award with 6 oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 oak leaf clusters
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
Pennsylvania Distinguished Service Medal
Pennsylvania Commendation Medal
Pennsylvania State Service Medal
Pennsylvania Twenty Year Service Medal
Pennsylvania Major General Thomas R. White, Jr. Medal
Pennsylvania General Thomas J. Stewart Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1973
First Lieutenant Sep 28, 1975
Captain Sep 28, 1977
Major Oct 14, 1982
Lieutenant Colonel Oct 14, 1986
Colonel Dec 9, 1989
Brigadier General Sep 28, 2003
General Jaworski is currently serving on the Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania National Guard Military Museum.