Carlisle Armory

Name of Armory (location): Carlisle Readiness Center & Field Maintenance Shop
   
Secondary/Traditional
Names of Armory:
Carlisle Readiness Center & Field Maintenance Shop
   
Year Built: 2010
   
Architect/Builder:  
   
Construction Costs: $16.4 million
   
County of Construction: Cumberland
   
Mailing Address:

500 and 502 Cavalry Road
Carlisle, PA 17013

   
GPS Coordinates:  
   
Square Footage of Armory: 37,238 center and 25,080-square-foot field maintenance shop
   
Size of Land and Rack:  
   
Current Units in Armory:

HHB,1-108 FA, HQ, 1-108th FA

   
Past Units in Armory:  
   
History: Brig. Gen. Jerry Beck Jr., deputy adjutant general – Army, dedicated the new Readiness Center & Field Maintenance Shop on June 2, 2010
   

 

Name of Armory (location): Carlisle Armory
   
Secondary/Traditional
Names of Armory:
Carlisle Armory
   
Year Built: 1951
   
Architect/Builder: Thomas H. Atherton / Starford Lumber Co.
   
Construction Costs:  
   
County of Construction: Cumberland
   
Mailing Address: 504 Cavalry Road
Carlisle, PA 17013
   
GPS Coordinates:  
   
Square Footage of Armory:  
   
Size of Land and Rack:  
   
Current Units in Armory:

HHB,1-108 FA, HQ, 1-108th FA

   
Past Units in Armory:  
   
History: The armory is constructed in the Colonial Revival architectural style and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
   


PNG Military Museum © 2009 Web Site by Center State Communications