The armory at 1101 Walnut Street, Derry Township, Lewistown, PA 17044 is constructed in the Colonial Revival architectural style by Lawrie & Green and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
The building was built for use by the calvary in the late portion of the 19th century. There are many legends among paranormal enthusiasts that after the calvary became obsolete the horses were walked a short distance, shot and buried, forming the hill that is now the parking lot and that there are reports of hearing the sounds of horses trotting on the drill floor late at night.
Brig. Gen. Jerry Beck Jr., deputy adjutant general – Army, rededicated the renovated Lewistown Readiness Center on May 21, 2010. The facility, at 28 Armory Lane, is home to Headquarters, Headquarters Company 2-112th Infantry. The $10.7 million renovation makes it possible for the soldiers, who are part of the 56th Stryker Brigade, to conduct modern training.