Phoenixville Armory

 

Name of Armory (location): Phoenixville Armory
   
Secondary/Traditional
Names of Armory:
Phoenixville Armory
   
Year Built:  
   
Architect/Builder:  
   
Construction Costs:  
   
County of Construction: Chester 
   
Mailing Address:

1159 Rapps Dam Road
Phoenixville, PA 19460

   
GPS Coordinates:  
   
Square Footage of Armory:  
   
Size of Land and Rack:  
   
Current Units in Armory:

1st Battalion, 111 Infantry, Detactment 1, Company B, 1067th Transportation Company (-)

   
Past Units in Armory: Company D, 6th Infantry
   
History:

The orginal armory was located on Main Street and was occupied by the Company D, 6th Infantry. The lot was purchased for $4000 from David McFeat. Phillip A. Johnson was selected as the architect. the contract was awarded to Frank R Heavner of Norristown for a bid of $19,440. The corner stone was laid on September 12th and the armory was completed and dedicated on December 18th 1910.

A 1912 photograph shows the interior of the armory.

   


PNG Military Museum © 2009 Web Site by Center State Communications