PA Monuments - Bradford County

 
  • Bradford County Soldiers & Sailors Monument

The Bradford County Soldiers and Sailors monument sits just outside the County Courthouse in Towanda, PA. Is is a memorial to all the Bradford County soldiers and sailors who fought in the Civil War.

Although the monument was originally conceived in 1877, difficulties with state law concerning the funding of this project did not allow its being built until much later at a total cost of $18,000. The monument was officially dedicated in 1901.

The monument stands 34 feet high and sits on a round base of steps that measures 18 feet in diameter at the widest part. There are 5 figures representing the four branches of military service at the time: infantry, cavalry, artillery, navy, and color guard.

PNG Military Museum © 2009 Web Site by Center State Communications